Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 292, December 1

Here it is the first of December.  How grateful I am that I no longer feel I have to measure up to some artificial holiday standard.   Thankfully, I've outgrown that (for the most part, at least).

I no longer feel I have to decorate the house.  I'll try to keep it clean and call it good.

I no longer feel I have to make holiday shaped cookies.  I'll make a pan of lemon bars.

I no longer feel I have to attend every concert and party.  I'll go to those that are meaningful to me and my family.

I no longer feel I have to make every Christmas present.  I'll tell my friends and family that someone made it, even if that someone is a worker at a factory.

What is important to me?

Choosing the right Christmas card for family members and friends and including a hand-written note.

Showing my visiting teaching ladies that I love them.

Mailing packages to my far-away grandsons.

Attending church services with my husband.

So, for today, I am grateful for the freedom to choose.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful it is that we can choose how to spend our time and resources in this world where those things seem to becoming more scarce.

    It sounds like you've got a good list of things you will do this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete