Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 299, December 8

One week into December and I'm not scrambling to get things done.  That is something of a miracle.  Lest you think I'm bragging, I'm not.  It's not that I'm so organized or have it all together.  It's that I've learned to let some things go.

I've learned a few things over the years.  I don't have to do everything that my friends do.  Nor do I have to create the "perfect Christmas."

What I want to create is a Christmas of memories.  I want my husband and children and grandchildren to remember that I love them.  I want my friends to know that I am there for them.  I want Heavenly Father to know that I'm doing my best to obey His commandments.

So, for today, I am grateful for letting go of things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are able to let things go. I let a lot go but there are some things that I don't. I guess that's what makes it just fine is that we can each decide what is important to spend our time on.

    We just got our tree up last night with 2 1/2 weeks until Christmas. It was important to us -- better late than never, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete