Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 301, December 10


"It is high time that the ideal of success should be replaced by the ideal of service ...  Only a life lived for others is worthwhile."--Albert Einstein

What does this quote have to do with December, with Christmas?  In case you haven't guessed, service is (or should be) the highlight of this season.

Let me share with you some examples of service I've witnessed over the last weeks:  There is my dear friend Amanda who makes doll clothes and doll blankets to give to organizations which will distribute them to little girls who would otherwise have nothing for Christmas.  There is my friend Janet who, as Relief Society president of our ward and just an all-round wonderful person, sees to the needs of many.  There is my daughter Alanna who sends cards to her great-aunts just because she wants them to know they are thought of.  There are the families in our ward who welcome the missionaries into their homes to live for three months at a time.  The list could go on and on.

So, for today, I am grateful for those who serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment