Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 310, December 19


"When in situations of stress, we wonder if there is any more in us to give.  We can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed.  No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked.  When we have been weighed and found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and we were found equal to our tasks; and, therefore, let us continue, but with a more determined discipleship. When we feel overwhelemed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over-program us; he wll not press upon us more than we can bear."--Neal A. Maxwell

Don't you love this?  I especially love the phrase, "... God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed."

There are times, too many, I'm afraid, when I feel unequal to the tasks placed before me.  It is at these times when I turn to the Lord with more frequency, more fervency.   And wouldn't it be wonderful, if I turned to Him with such frequency and fervency all the time?

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I " ... continue ... with a more determined discipleship."

1 comment: