Sunday, December 22, 2013

Day 313, December 22


"Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can.  He can deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, and pour out peace."--Ezra Taft Benson

We've been talking a lot about God and His power during these last few posts.  I worried that these topics would not seem very Christmasy, then, duh, I realized that nothing is more Christmasy than writing about God and celebrating His power.

Isn't it wonderful to know that there is Someone who can make more of us than we can ourselves?  If I had to rely on myself to sustain me through the hard times of life, I would be doomed to failure.  Fortunately I have God on my side.

So, for today, I am grateful for His power to make "a lot more out of" me than I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment